Every effort is made to meet and exceed the standards of instruction of the State of California’s Department of
Zion Lutheran School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), the most recognized accrediting body for academic institutions in the country, and also by the National Lutheran School Association (NLSA). Our graduates are accepted by all public and private high schools in the community.
In March 2009, two WASC representatives visited Zion to review the School-Wide Action Plan, which highlighted five areas of growth.
1. Implementing Zion's ESLRs: Zion's Expected School-Wide Learning Results are prominent in the daily life of the school and are a guiding factor in decision making.
2. Academic Goals and Performance Review: Measurable academic goals are identified and an annual academic performance review conducted with the goal of consistently meeting or exceeding established objectives.
3. Communication and Evangelism: A communication and evangelism plan is developed with the goal of enhancing and maintaining effective Christian relationships with and among students, parents, and the community.
4. Financial Plans and School Stability: A long-term financial plan is developed and implemented to ensure stable school operations and achievement of facility improvements.
5. Staff Excellence and Development: Opportunities for maintaining and enhancing an effective, highly qualified, and stable staff are developed.